Saturday, June 8, 2013

'HEALING GARDENS" with Tricia Sellmer and Kelly C Perry

artbykcp.wordpress.com
Opening May 22nd, Closing end of July 2013 At Chazou


Tricia Sellmer and Kelly C Perry
Tricia has been an incredible mentor to me and someone that believes in my work, I am ever grateful for our friendship

HIDDEN GARDEN   by Tricia Sellmer


'HIDDEN WORKS" by kelly c perry 2013

The Perry's

Brians Family Photos

The Wyers (Wijers) Family

Immigrated to Canada 1950

Shell Casings from World War II

Shell casing belonged to my father, they have pictures of the home I was born in and pictures of my fathers mother and father. they now belong to my brother Jerry in Ontario

"Seeds of Life/Seeds of a Human" These pictures represent special people in my life, Barry and Brian who I was married to for 30 years.
Seeds of a Plant/Seeds of a Human  Twelve small pieces represent my children and grandchildren and myself. My Garden became a way of me to create my journey during a difficult time in my life and allowing me to reach a place were I am today. Through the many ups and downs today I am in a good place and art has become my soulmate. Art had become my healer.

This 4"x4" Acrylic Canvas " Today" this piece at the bottom I am the marigold seed, hidden in my life beyond 12 yrs ago, then death of a plant and what I felt was death came upon me. However death is a very quiet place and a place for me to discover me and then rebirth and were I am today. In a happy place.

"Death of a Plant/Death of a Human"
This does not look like death to me, this is the second time I painted Death of a Plant/Human but each time I paint it, Death becomes so much more alive.  For me the paint brush speaks and I allow it to take control.

No comments:

Post a Comment